LANSING — After receiving more than 550 nominations, 90 small businesses from across Michigan have been selected as recipients of the 18th Annual Michigan Celebrates Small Business Gala.
Success is best when shared, and on May 3, when more than 800 guests will gather in person at the Breslin Center in East Lansing to celebrate the achievements of this year’s winners. Award categories include:
- Michigan’s 50 Companies to Watch Awards
- Best Small Business Award
- Distinguished Graduate Awards
- Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year Award
The complete list of winners is available at MichiganCelebrates.org.
The gala was launched in 2005 and became Michigan’s Small Business Awards Program. More than 1,000 companies have been honored at MCSB over the past 18 years, including 900 second-stage companies recognized by a Michigan 50 Companies to Watch Award.
COVID-19 has led to a tumultuous landscape for business owners, but over the past two years small businesses have learned to become nimble and innovative in order to achieve their goals. The 2022 Awards Gala will put Michigan’s small businesses in the spotlight and give them the opportunity to share their successes with the supporters who have helped them get to where they are today.
The six founding partners created an annual awards gala to recognize small businesses and start-ups. The founding organizations of Michigan Celebrates are:
- Edward Lowe Foundation
- Michigan Business Network
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
- Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Small Business Association of Michigan (SBAM)
- S. Small Business Administration – Michigan District Office
Additional information and ticket information is available at MichiganCelebrates.org.