MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) – Governor Tony Evers announced on Thursday that more than $17.2 million in Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) will be awarded to regional housing authorities across Wisconsin.
The grants would help low- and middle-income families with down payment assistance, 0% interest, deferred payment loans and home repair costs.
“For so many hardworking Wisconsin workers across our state, home ownership is a measure of personal success and growth for their families,” Governor Evers said. “It’s a tool that helps them put down roots, find financial stability and create generational wealth for those who come after them.
Governor Evers’ announcement comes after the nonpartisan Wisconsin Policy Forum released a report that showed racial disparities in minority homeownership were higher than the national average.
The total amount of $17,250,000 will be paid in installments to the following locations:
- $2 million in Douglas County in the Northwest Housing Region
- $3 million in Langlade County in the Northwoods housing area
- $3 million in Juneau County in the Central Housing Region
- $2.5 million in Columbia County in the South Housing Region
- $1.7 million in Brown County in the Northeast Housing Region
- $2.5 million in La Crosse County in the Southwest Residential Area
- $2.5 million in Chippewa County in the Midwest Housing Region
Copyright 2022 WMTV. All rights reserved.