During a workshop meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Killeen City Council will consider, among other things, the awarding of grants to organizations under the Killeen Arts Commission for fiscal year 2022.
The total expected grant amount is expected to be $ 290,090.
The majority of the grants – $ 252,923 – are expected to come from the American Rescue Plan Act federal funds that the city has received.
The remaining $ 37,167 is expected to come from hotel / motel occupancy tax revenues.
The grant award recommendations, as presented by the Arts Commission, are as follows:
- Natural hair and health of the armed forces: $ 72,618
- Vive Les Arts Société: $ 69,240
- IMPAC Awareness: $ 50,434
- Vive Les Arts children’s theater: $ 35,520
- Songhai Bamboo Roots Association: $ 28,928
- Killeen Sister Cities, Osan, Korea, Committee: $ 21,375
- The Crossroads to Texas Quilt Guild Inc .: $ 9,975
- Killeen Arts Commission: $ 2,000
Also during the meeting, council is expected to discuss the amendments to Articles III and IV of the city charter. The Killeen Economic Development Corporation is also expected to provide an update to the board, which is expected to cover a variety of topics, such as Z Modular, a grant from the Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation (OLDCC), and the Texas A&M University-Central Research Park. Texas summit.
The workshop meeting is scheduled to begin at 5:00 p.m. in the Killeen Town Hall Council Chamber, 101 N. College St.