· General. By submitting an entry to this Contest, presented by KPRC Channel 2 (“Station”), entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Contest Rules (“Official Rules”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Station, whose decisions are binding and final. . Failure to comply with these Official Rules or any contest specific rules may result in disqualification from the contest.
· Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and reside in the local viewing area, and is void where prohibited or restricted by federal or applicable states. Station employees and their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate, officer, director, agent, advertising and promotional agency, and immediate family members of such employees (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household with these employees, are not eligible.
· How to enter. Contest begins at 1:00 p.m. on March 23, 2022. Deadline to enter is 8:00 p.m. on March 23, 2022. To enter, visit Click2Houston.com/contest, find the contest page and complete the entry form. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the email or phone account from which entry is made. You can enter once during the contest period. Multiple entries received from one person or from one email address or phone number will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Station will reject and delete any entry it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from persons who do not meet the eligibility criteria.
· Selection of winners. Two (2) potential winners will be randomly selected from all entries. Contest winner(s) must sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Publicity Release and/or Prize Acceptance Form within ten (10) days of winning or being notified of winning (sooner for urgent prizes), or the prize(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, if he or she does not sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Publicity Release and/or Prize Acceptance Form within the time required, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Station reserves the right to contact all contest participants to confirm entry. The official entry list will remain the property of Station and will not be distributed without the specific approval of the contest entrant through the use of the Opt-In checkbox on the entry form.
· Price. One winner will receive three (3) tickets and a runner-up will receive two (2) tickets to the University of Houston Men’s Basketball NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 Game against the University of Arizona on March 24, 2022 in San Antonio, Texas. Each ticket is worth approximately $125, making the 3-ticket package worth approximately $375 and the 2-ticket package worth approximately $250. Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates will be emailed upon signing of the appropriate documentation. The minimum age to participate in this competition is 18 years old. Winners may be asked to show photo ID. There will be no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except at the sole discretion of Station, which may substitute prizes of comparable value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes related to the awarding of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may be required to fully complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 to receive the prize.
· Disclaimers and Representations. The winner(s) assume(s) all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by their participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases the resort and the Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees, from any such liability. Neither the Station nor the Sponsor, nor their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for: the failure of any entry to be received by the Station due to computer failures of any kind, traffic jams on the Internet or at any website, telecommunications, network, electronic, telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, or any malfunction of equipment or other technical difficulties which may prevent the Station from receiving any submissions. ‘registration ; entries that are stolen, misdirected, scrambled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering or downloading any materials in this Contest; or any human error, inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, or errors in these Official Rules. Where applicable, text messaging and data charges may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any charges incurred by an entrant for any method of entry.
The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify anyone tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the Official Contest Rules may result in disqualification of an entrant and/or forfeiture of any prize or prize. All decisions of Station management regarding the contest are final.
Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is unable to run as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of virus infection computer, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind, or for any reason whatsoever. The Station reserves the right to make changes to the contest rules, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will be effective upon announcement or posting. If, due to circumstances beyond the Station’s control, a contest or prize-related event is delayed, postponed, rescheduled, canceled or changes location, the Station reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the contest and will not be required to award a substitute prize.
Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner’s name, city and state of residence, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and advertising without additional compensation. The winner’s name and city of residence will be posted online and mailed to those who request it.
· Announcement of the winner. For the name of the winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt within 60 days of the end of the Contest Period to Station at 8181 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77074, Attn: Contest Winner List, or ask – it online at [email protected] Be sure to specify the name of the contest for which you are requesting the list of winners.
Copyright 2022 by KPRC Click2Houston – All Rights Reserved.