WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Regina Otero chose to work in autism because she has a granddaughter with an intellectual disability. The resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico will be graduating from Purdue World University in August with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis.
On June 15, Otero was one of 18 Purdue Global students who received Purdue Day of Giving Completion scholarships.
“Autism work interested me because of my granddaughter and it helped me understand better,” Otero said. “I wanted extra income and found my niche. I will be able to improve myself, my children, my grandchildren and my mother. Seeing my growth makes me feel good.
“The purse will relieve me of a great burden. Everyone at Purdue Global has been so wonderful and helpful.
Each of the Purdue Day of Giving Completion Scholarship recipients have a GPA of at least 3.0 and are within 30 credits of graduation from any of Purdue Global’s eligible programs. The recipients are:
- Cathleen Bailey, BS, Health Information Management; Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Erin Blackmer, BS, Business Administration – New Media / Internet Marketing; Millington, Michigan.
- Veronica Diaz, School of Health Sciences.
- Rommy Echeverria, BS, Criminal Justice – Forensic Psychology; Stevenson Ranch, California.
- Ladana Hunter, BS, Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis; Springs House, Missouri.
- Kasey Killeen, BS, Health Care Administration; Middletown, New Jersey.
- Daniel Kizale, BS, addiction psychology; Sayre, Pennsylvania.
- Fox Millinder, BS, Criminal Justice – Forensic Psychology; Millersville, Pennsylvania.
- Regina Otero, BS, Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis; Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Cloey Pippert, BS nursing; Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Tarantino Rogers, BS, Information Technology – Network Administration; Monroe, North Carolina.
- Sydney Speetzen, BS, Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis; Davenport, Iowa.
- Dara Staggs, BS, Nutrition; Conroe, Texas.
- Janet Taylor, BS, Accounting; Salem, Connecticut.
- Rachel Todd, S., Criminal Justice – Crime Scene Investigation; Cincinnatus, New York.
- Bethany Vitaro, BS, Health Care Administration; York, Pennsylvania.
- Lydia Williams, BS, Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis; Warner Robins, Georgia.
- Gregory Woods, BS, Nutrition; La Habra, California.
The most recent Purdue Day of Giving – Purdue University’s system-wide one-day fundraising effort – raised a record $ 100,442 out of 1,444 gifts for Purdue students Global on April 28.
About Purdue University Global
Purdue University Global provides personalized online education tailored to the unique needs of adults who have work or life experience beyond the classroom, enabling them to develop essential academic and professional skills with the support and flexibility that they need to achieve their career goals. It offers personalized pathways for students to earn an associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree, depending on their work experience, desired pace, military service, previous college credit and other considerations, no matter where they are in their life journey. Purdue Global serves 34,000 students (as of April 2021), most of whom graduate online. Purdue Global is a Higher Learning Commission accredited, public, nonprofit university. It is affiliated with the flagship institution of Purdue University, a leading public research university located in West Lafayette, Indiana. Purdue University also operates regional campuses in Fort Wayne and northwest Indiana, as well as science, engineering, and technology students at the Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) campus. For more information visit purdueglobal.edu.
Editor / Media contact: Tom Schott, 765-427-1721, [email protected]
Sources: Frank dooley