Sony Interactive Entertainment has ad partnered with Discord to integrate the communications service with PlayStation Network, and made a minority investment as part of Discord’s H series.
“Our teams are already working hard to connect Discord to your social and gaming experience on PlayStation Network,” said Jim Ryan, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment blog post. “Our goal is to bring the Discord and PlayStation experiences on console and mobile closer together starting early next year, making it easier for friends, groups and communities to come together, have fun and communicate while playing.” to games together. “
Ryan continued, “From our very first conversation with [Discord] co-founders Jason Citron and Stan Vishnevskiy, I was inspired by their lifelong love for the game and the shared passion of our teams to help bring friends and communities together in new ways. Enabling players to build communities and enjoy shared gaming experiences is at the heart of what we do, so we’re excited to start this journey with one of the world’s most popular communications services.
More information will be announced in the coming months.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the entire article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No comments behind the wheelincluding trolling, baiting or displaying poop.
- Know when not to comment. If you don’t care about a topic, you don’t need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, deceptive or defamatory content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No harbor begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW content (non-nude only). For example:
Woe to Leomon.Indicate the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful to other commentators. You don’t have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a reviewer isn’t following this simple etiquette, don’t continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to modify or remove any comments without notice. This comments policy is subject to change at any time.